Rainbow Labor Network Victoria
Rainbow Labor Network Victoria (RLNV) is the official GLBTI association of the Australian Labor Party’s Victorian branch.
We promote equality and diversity within the ALP, advancing the rights of GLBTI people, and building networks with the broader GLBTI community.
RLNV is made of GLBTI identifying party members, friends and supporters. RLNV was formed in early 2009 and officially affiliated to the Victorian branch at the mid-year state conference. This is the first time that a GLBTI group has been officially recognised by the Victorian branch.
RLNV is a focal point for GLBTI identifying individuals and their supporters who want to get involved in the ALP to further the rights of our community and participate in the broader political process. In particular we will work to:
- Promote equality for GLBTI identifying people in Victoria
- Build strong and lasting relationships between the Victorian ALP and the GLBTI community
- Provide regular opportunities for GLBTI Labor activists and their supporters to network and socialise
- Develop links with supportive MPs and their offices
- Represent the views of GLBTI party members to the broader ALP
- Lobby the federal government to overturn the ban on gay marriage.
For more information, email RLNV at firstname.lastname@example.org